Friday 29 March 2019

Out and About



 
 



 

The last couple of morning have seen Miss B, Mr J and I have early starts. Seeing a beautiful sunrise is one of the perks.  Both have been competing in the South of the Bridge regatta at Okahu Bay, Auckland.  Mr J has participated in both days racing, while Miss B in only her fourth time sailing participated yesterday only.  Thankfully there was good wind today, so races progressed well.

I haven't watched all the racing, apart from being too far out so that one cannot recognise their children, 4-5 hours of it is too much.  I have had lots of waterfront walks and today went to Parnell, where I rediscovered St Stephens Church, which was built in 1856, so the Constitution of the Anglican Church, could be signed there in 1857.  This church also holds a special memory for me, I attended my uncle's wedding here when I was 14.

It will be an early night tonight for us all, then work for me tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll finish some sewing this weekend too.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your photos. Sounds like you had a great family time.
    There's a lot of color inspiration too, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the photos and the memories.
    Good luck to your family in the race.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved your photo's..early birds catch the best worms or in this case photo's!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.