Friday 1 March 2019

Hexies






There is not a lot happening in my sewing room at present.  After re-carpeting the house and moving furniture back in, the teens have decided they need to think about what they want to put back into their rooms.  On the plus side, yes they can probably get rid of things, on the downside I can't get to my sewing table or machine.  This means my garment sewing plans have come to a temporary halt.

Nevertheless, I am still crafting and creating and playing with pretty fabrics.  I have been recently reinspired by this lovely hexi quilt, and have pulled my hexies and 2.5" fabric scraps out again.   So far I have made about 200 one inch hexies.  I hand baste mine, which, while it takes a little longer than gluing the fabric down, gives me a cleaner finish when I pop them out at the end.

I'm still not sure whether to aim for a wonderful scrappy quilt which I pondered over  a couple of years ago here, or aim for some bright funky pillows for my sofa.

I'm off to Devonport again on Sunday, so these will be the perfect activity to spend some time making whilst sitting in the park.


Happy weekending to you all.

**Linking to Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More**

8 comments:

  1. I'm in the process of hexies too! love the colors of yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your hexi pics Julie! And your inspiration quilt is delightful! Hope you are enjoying the new carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colourful look of all those hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of lovely hexies ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colourful hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hexies Julie Lou. Dont take any fruit home on Sunday!! LOL although its not funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look like lollies! I'm sure you'll think of something to do with them. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing cheers my heart quite as much as seeing a pile of pretty hexies, and yours, Julie, are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.