Thursday 31 October 2019

Things Here Lately




Lady Dancing ornament for Janine

Lady Dancing ornament for my set






  • Exploring a new to me beach.  While Mr J was sailing a couple of Sundays ago, I took myself out to Kariotahi Beach, a black sand beach on the West Coast.  I imagine it can be very cold and blustery on a windy day, but it was the most beautiful day while I was there. There were a lot of people walking as well as 4WD vehicles using the beach.
  • I've been working on my 12 Days of Christmas ornaments, cos Christmas is not so far away now.  Finally finished the Dancing Lady ornaments for my sister and I, and I'm working on my drummer drumming one for me. Patterns for this series from here.
  • I made another Peppermint wrap top, this one is a deep khaki linen/cotton blend.  I had emailed the designer asking for advice on how to lengthen it with out widening the wrap ties.  She kindly sent me a detailed email with diagrams and instructions, and this is the result.  I'm quite pleased with the finished length and feel there may be another one in my summer sewing plans.
  • This little orchid is putting on a brilliant display of colour in my garden, it's about all that is at present.  In other exciting garden news, all my dahlia tubers have sprouted.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend ahead.


6 comments:

  1. I love your top! looks like a perfect fit to me. I will check out the ornaments - I saw some other ones on a site in England I'm not sure if it is the same set so need to look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little ladies are gorgeous Julie. Wow the ocean looked really cold. I have been to that beach many times in my previous life, Motorbike racing. Not me, but my late husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Peppermint top(s)! Can you share the 'secret' of lengthening it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you sign up to In the Folds newsletter, she has just answered how to lengthen it. Link for this here: https://inthefolds.com/

      Delete
  4. That beach looks beautiful alright! Your blouse looks lovely on you Julie...a very successful make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ~ Wow, love the tops!
    I am looking forward to seeing your dahlias.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.