Thursday 14 November 2019

Sewing and Gardening







In between moving piles of mulch around the garden, I have managed to get a little bit of sewing done. 

Firstly this pin cushion constructed from one of the wrongly sized blocks I made for my solstice dream quilt.  The finishing touch was the beautiful rainbow fringing.  This was gifted to a fellow sewist at work for her birthday.

I have also joined the #summerofbasics2019 sewing challenge.  This is where we list three garments we intend to make over the summer months.    I have started November's one, which will be another Eva dress in this beautiful maple coloured linen.  Just the skirt and pockets to sew , top stitch and hem before attaching to the finished bodice.  This will be the third version of this dress, which is one of my favourite things to wear over the hot summer months.

A few before and after photos of my garden all freshly mulched and  most excitingly, the first of my dahlias are flowering.  The top one with dark leaves is Dracula and the bottom one is an anemone type called Purpinca.

Wish you all a wonderful weekend ahead.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, just what I needed to see. We are 30 degrees colder than normal! We already had negative temps. I got our garden cleaned up by the skin of my teeth! Crazy weather!

    Good luck with the sewing. You make lovely clothes.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your dahlias are a stunning shade of crimson, I'm wondering what colour is going to pop up next.
    Love the pincushion Julie, the fringing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 lovely dahlias. The pale background is just right to show of the dark leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.