Thursday 20 August 2020

A Lockdown Project (Round 2)

 









Earlier this year, I came across this photo in my instagram feed.  I immediately feel in love with the colour, the flowers and the texture from all the beading and embroidery on the fabric.  It took a little while to track down a stockist in New Zealand, so when I did, I purchased two fat quarters of fabrics designed by Sally Kelly from her Fantasy collection, all the while intending to embellish it one day.

Fast forward to August, and another lockdown due to Covid, and I decided to pull it of my stash, then sort through all my embroidery threads and beads to see what went with it.  I was quite delighted to find I had a lot of coordinating threads, cos I don't know when Aucklanders will be able to get to real shops for colour matching.

So now I'm having a little bit of fun, deciding what to bead, what to stitch and what type of stitches to do.  I"m not sure if it will get turned into a cushion cover or bag just yet, but it's bright and cheerful and makes me happy.  That's a good thing at this time.

Stay home, Stay safe.  Kia kaha.


4 comments:

  1. You were lucky to find the colours of thread and beads for your project on hand, the colours are beautifully vibrant, have fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous fabric! This proves it pays to have a stash......Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, your stitching & beads makes everything sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow!! That is perfect fabric to embellish. You are right, it IS happy fabric!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.