Friday 14 August 2020

Here We Go Again







Sadly after 102, Covid-19 free days, New Zealand has another  Covid cluster.  Scarily no one appears to know where it has come from.  Unfortunately it is centred in Auckland, so we are in a Level 3 lockdown till at least 26 August, whereas the rest of New Zealand is in Level 2.  There are a couple of cases (the cases have a connection to the Auckland cluster) out of Auckland , in the town that my parents live in too, so that is causing a little anxiety also.

Level 3 means, no work unless you are an essential worker, no schools or university.  We can walk in our neighbourhood only, and any trips out are basically to the supermarket, medical centre, Covid testing station or a pharmacy.  We can get takeaways through a click and collect option.  The rest of the country has almost a normal life.  We are being encouraged to wear masks, but it is not mandatory, so a little mask making has been happening, however I am now running out of elastic as are the shops.  I used this pattern,

So I am trying to stay positive, I'm making a list of possible  sewing projects to start and maybe some to finish, I've bought 5kg of flour so I should be able to bake a lot, which in turn means I'll need to walk a lot.

Stay Home, Stay Safe. Wear a mask.  Kia kaha.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry covid is popping up again. I've been envying NZ with your low low covid rates. Hopefully they'll figure out where it came from. Sewing is a great way to spend time. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all do not get it bad, I had just seen on the news the last couple days of the out break there - take care. It is hard to find a face mask that fits just right I have tried several now - I am not out for hours though so can get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you are back in lockdown. And your stage 3 is virtually our stage 4, except for the curfew and masks. Interestingly masks came before our stage four. Hopefully Jacinda’s actions will prove successful. Your flower photos are just lovely! Stay safe Julie. Hopefully your parents are staying home and are not too anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the centre of a poppy flower. I have some white ones out at the mo.
    Be glad you had several trips away to remote places recently.
    Thinking of you all and share that we too are thinking, what next?
    Ali in BOP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so sorry to hear about Auckland. Keep sewing and baking - and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry and sad and scary...Thank God for fabric and each other xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.