Friday 28 August 2020

Bonn Shirt #3

 






My last lockdown  sewing finish is another Bonn shirt.  This time made in a lovely silky rust coloured rayon.  I chose the 3/4 sleeve version, and it is size 6C.  I was worried about sewing the collar being a rayon, but out of the three I have now made, this shirt actually was the easiest to make, the collar and sleeves went on perfectly on their first attempts.  However I had major problems with the button holes, for some reason my machine wanted to start finishing them half way through it's cycle, needless to say say there was a lot of swearing that went on with the multiple unpicking I had to do.  Eventually they all worked out.  Fortuitously I had buttons in my button jar that worked with the pale orange in the flowers.  

I love how it looks and feels to wear, and am looking forward to warmer spring days when I can indulge my inner bohemian with shirts like this.

Stay safe, stay home, wear a mask.  Kia kaha!



5 comments:

  1. Love the shirt, very Bohemian!!! That's just the sort of comfortable but stylish shirt I used wear when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever Julie Lou. The shirt looks amazing on you. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! The fabric and the pattern, and your sewing and modeling skills worked so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shirt Julie! The fabric really suits you! And you look very comfortable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this shirt... it looks fab and the fabric is perfect. But the fit on those jeans... smoking hot mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.