Gosh, the year is just whizzing by, it hard to believe that it is August already. Officially one month of winter to go. It has been a busy few days with work, visits to prospective high schools with Miss B, inter-school maths competitions,and today Mr J is home with a cold. However the outside temperature is beautiful and mild today, so I have spent the morning weeding the vegetable garden and shaded flower garden in my back yard. It is amazing what little treasure reveal themselves once the weeds are cleared:
- my white Daphne is just starting to flower, so it smelt divine weeding around this plant
- miniature cyclamen - these are all ex-indoor plants that I plant outside after they have finished flowering
- a tiny spreading violet - normally I am quite ruthless and pull this plant out, it spreads very easily, but it provides a little extra colour in the garden at this time of the year.
- I did make a project pouch out the scrappy blocks I was creating - this has been sent to one of my Pay It Forward recipients - hopefully it has arrived at it's destination.
- another paper pieced cushion has been started - this one for my nephew, who is mad about birds. Cockatoo pattern from here
I have just started reading The Layered Garden by David Culp. I saw this book on my friend Nicole's blog, and was delighted to be able to get it from my library. Beautiful photos - and very inspiring.
Wishing you all a fabulous weekend - whatever you may do.