Way back in January - I got my own sewing room, at the time we were looking for an old wooden door, to turn into a cutting table for me. One at a good height so I didn't have to bend over to much. In March we bought an old kauri and rimu door for $1 off Trade Me (similar to EBay). Over the past few months, The Scout has been sanding it back to the natural wood underneath, and patiently waiting for me to finalise my ideas for it. This weekend it was finished.
We have left it as natural wood, no oil or varnish on it. Where there were hinges, bolts or door handles, a little of the old paint or sanded back bolts have been left for character.
Underneath he built in some shelves to store my fabrics, I will probably paint these the same very pale aqua, that other shelves in the room are painted in. I will also get new storage containers, so that I can store fabrics by colour/designer, rather than lumped in two containers.
Its dimensions are roughly 85cm high x 140cm long and 80cm wide. I am so thrilled to have it completed, and very lucky to have such a handy husband.
My mini quilts have been hung up too. The only thing left to do now, is to cover the little old brown armchair that sits in the corner of my sewing room, and of course crack on with some sewing. Of course, it will probably never look this clean and tidy again.
Hope you have all had a fabulous weekend.