Friday 22 November 2019

In My Garden

 


Looking up the dahlia garden

Dahlia 'Dracula"



Anemone Dahlia "Lifestyle"

Dahlia'Purpinca"


Back yard garden

Side yard garden

Fubuki Dahlia 'Four Queens'


My garden has always been something which has given me a lot of enjoyment.  However since I started working part time, 5 or do years ago, and as I've aged (my back doesn't like gardening for hours on end anymore) it had become just another job to get fitted in on the never ending to do list.  I have made it a lot more easy care, with mulch and plants which don't require too much attention.

However this year something has changed.  I think when I fell in love with all the dahlias  on instagram and started looking at other garden pages, I felt re inspired to recreate mine, while still working within the same boundaries I've had.  I hauled out some plants and gave  some of them away, while others were dumped, giving me a blank canvas to revamp.  I've planted some astilbe, lomandra ( a hardy little grass) moved some plants around, interspersed some pretty pots which will hopefully add height and colour to areas and of course made myself a dahlia garden.  The dahlia garden is giving me a great deal of joy, I love checking the progress on each plant, how the buds are opening and their flower when they open fully.

There is still a lot of green in the garden, but as it warms up more colour will appear as the cannas, dahlias and astilbe bloom.  Hopefully putting on a bright beautiful show in time for Christmas.

7 comments:

  1. a beautiful garden! I love all the color

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that your garden is bright and colorful with so many flowers. That Lifestream is so beautiful! We don't have any flowers growing here now since it is almost winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks beautiful! I love the dahlia's. I love the look a fabulous garden but lack the time and will like I once did, the urge to piece quilts and do quilting is stronger than gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gardens are supposedly another "room", so it makes sense to refresh them occasionally. I used to do a lot of gardening too, but now I just direct operations and tell others what to cut back, spray, or replace. I hope you have a great time at the AMH class today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely garden with beautiful flowers, dahlias are gorgeous! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful Julie. Lifestream is my favorite but I do love them all. ;-)
    How is your back feeling this year while gardening? I hope better.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful garden Julie, thank you for letting us 'walk' around with you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.