Sunday 17 November 2019

Eva Dress #3


 

A late evening sewing on Friday, saw me finish the first garment from my #summerofbasics2019 challenge.

This is the third version of Tessuti Fabrics Eva Dress pattern I have made. See here and here for the others. The instructions are very clear, the finishing details - binding, topstitching, lantern skirt and pocket make this simple dress rather elegant and cool for summer.  I made version A, which is meant to have sleeves, but I omit them.  This is the XS with no adjustments.

After a couple of washes, the linen will soften a little more and it will hang a little more softly in the skirt.  I can't wait for some consistently warm fine weather to wear it now.

Photos by MissB


4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely dress on you! I hope you will get some summer weather to enjoy wearing it. The color is wonderful. In cooler weather you could layer it , making it almost a year round wardrobe staple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour looks great on you, now that the weather is warming up I'm sure you will get plenty of opportunities to wear your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of your dress and the style.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.