Friday 10 May 2013

Winter Vegetable Garden

In winter the sun disappears off most of  my backyard, except for a small corner, where my lemon tree grows and where I can plant a few vegetables for winter harvesting.

This year I am trying broad beans for the first time, now I know to take the grey skin off the beans before cooking them, hopefully they will be a new winter staple and not bring back childhood memories of the bitter ones I used to eat.  I am also growing celery, perennial spinach, parsley and my old reliable rhubarb.



My mum has come to stay for the weekend, which is really nice cos it's Mother's Day on Sunday, so I can spoil her with breakfast in bed, hopefully my children remember to bring me a cuppa in bed before I get up to make it for her.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mums on Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.